[pct-l] bikers on trail - Alternatives; trail configuration

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Oct 26 09:38:52 CDT 2010

The PCT is not a trail that needs changes to make it safer for
cyclists because it is not a trail for cyclists. Bicycles are illegal
on the PCT.

I don't think there are any changes that you could make to deter
them. They will just use gravity to help them ride their bikes up,
over, around and through any obstacle. In my area there's a tree they
ride through. Yes, they ride their bikes up and through a tree.