[pct-l] signing in to vote

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:16:48 CDT 2010

Thanks for the links. It eliminates the excuses.

Vote early.
Vote often.

Make your opinions known.
Make your opinions count.

This is the opinion I posted on the site.

I hiked the Pacific Crest Trail in 1980. For the past 22 years, since recovering from open heart surgery, my main mode of intense exercise has been bicycling. Having been there and done that, I believe that opening up the Pacific Crest Trail would be a bad idea. It isn't that the cyclists themselves would damage the PCT based on more usage of the trail but rather the machines that they ride. Instead, consider creating trails for mountain bikers to use that would not damage the fragile wilderness that the PCT crosses. Think along the lines of what is working in Michigan: converting rails to trails. How about converting abandoned logging roads to mountain bike trails?

Ernie Castillo, charter member Revolving Ramen, PCT Class of 1980