[pct-l] quick question on my hiking performance

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:59:49 CDT 2010

Hey All,

Thanks for the feedback thus far.

So if I am pushing out two miles in an hour, and I hike eight hours a day,
that would put me at sixteen hours.

While I understand that I cannot say exactly how many hours a person hikes a
day, and that number changes from day to day, and I am just using eight
hours as some number to through out there, it could be said that I need to
pick up a pace a bit to try to get to a 20 mpd range, which should be a good
target that I shoot for.

That pretty much shows me where I need to be at and a goal for the next
couple of months. I, like Scott indicated he does, am trying to
pre-condition myself. I have plenty of time so no reason at all for me to
start next year totally out of shape and not be able to push beyond 10/15
miles a day from the get-go, as a few of you have indicated should be
totally doable.

So, thanks everybody.

John