[pct-l] trail cooking

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 11:11:34 CDT 2010

You have several options for a "cozy". You can buy one (custom made even!) from
Trail Cooking.com (this is what I use. I have several - reusable and washable),
you can use some sort of padded envelope, wool and/or fleece hats work well too.
I've also seen them made out of those thin blue sleeping mats.

As for eating out of the bags... Roll or cut down the tops to make getting to
the food easier. You can put the bag in your pot for stablility. I tend to eat
my freezer bag foods, but setting the cozy on my lap and then the warm bag on
top of that. Hold the bag steady with my left hand, eat with my right.

Hope that helps!

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra