[pct-l] signing in

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Oct 28 12:52:06 CDT 2010

I'm sorry to hear that so many have experienced frustration trying to sign
in. This is probably one reason for what seems like low numbers of comments
on the site. Wish I could offer up some technical support, but I am merely a
visitor to the site like everyone else, though I admit to being an advocate
for our voices getting heard.

In my experience, I remember a little frustration initially, which seemed to
resolve when I simply created my username and password, then went back to
the email message to access the link on the specific topics.  This took me
directly to the idea pages, and I recall that I was recognized and logged in
automatically without having to enter my ID or password again.  I went
straight to the comment section and had no problem from there.

Not related to this specific site problem, another thing I do when I have
problems accessing a website or getting through is remove the "http://" from
the beginning of the address, and sometimes add "www." to the beginning of
it.  I will cut and paste the address from the source into the web browser,
making sure that letters in the address that somehow did not get included in
the underscored link.  A fresh start with the address like this sometimes
resolves issues, but I think The Duck is right and the problem is on their
end.  I hope they get back to everyone who tried to contact them.

Beyond that, I don't have any other assistance to offer.  Wish I did!

L-Rod