[pct-l] Sierra High Route

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Oct 28 02:49:02 CDT 2010

Hi guys,
Has anybody on this list hiked the Sierra High Route lately?
I'm considering hiking it next summer with my wife and was wondering,
since more people have been hiking the High Route lately, if the cross
country segments, which make up the majority of the 195 mile route, have
become easier to follow?
In other words, has the heavier traffic established somewhat of a trail
over the cross country section of the route
and is the cross country section now relatively obvious and relatively
easy to follow without a GPS or is a GPS
needed?

JMT Reinhold