[pct-l] Big Trail Shoes

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Oct 28 20:28:15 CDT 2010

On Oct 28, 2010, at 1:06 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My annual shoe question: I have *very* wide feet. They're long, too
> (14/15). I have New Balance shoes that are wide enough but too
> long, and Keens that are almost wide enough.
>
> I'm still looking for very wide trail shoes.
>
> Walk well,
> Jim Keener ( J J )

I have wide feet, too. Have you ever traced your foot on top of a
tracing of the sole or compared your foot to the insole? I haven't
found any trail shoes that come close to my foot. The PCT ruined my
feet, made them wide to ridiculous proportions and made me unwilling
to tolerate anything that injures me. I've given up. I've decided to
learn how to make my own shoes or wear sandals.