[pct-l] Ice/Snow

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Oct 29 15:35:18 CDT 2010

Diane,

What were the techniques your friend taught you out about how to walk safely
on snow that prevented further falls? Did you use poles and were they
twist-locks? What kind of footwear were you using, specifically under-ankle
and torsionally soft or above-ankle and torsionally rigid? Did you utilize
any traction devices like the Katoola micro spikes vs. their KTS?

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd