[pct-l] Will he be ready for a thruhike ?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Oct 29 18:49:31 CDT 2010

On Oct 29, 2010, at 3:01 PM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> There was at least one person in the class of 2009 who had never
> backpacked
> before. He made it all the way to?Canada.

I met a guy in 2008 whose first backpacking trip was the PCT. He was
from Florida. His friend convinced him it would be fun to hike the
PCT. He thought it was the Pacific Coast Trail and there would be
sandy beaches and bikinis the whole way. What a shock for him! He
said he hated the hiking but loved the camping and seemed to be
enjoying himself. I met him in Bishop.