[pct-l] After Action Report - Eastern Sierra & PCT Expedition

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 09:37:17 CDT 2010

Snow Hula Bunny Rienhold writes: Switchback, Trouble is back in town...."BY POPULAR DEMAND....FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY". Amazing that you survived your gruesome expedition. A lessor hiker would not have been so fortuned. You are truly hard-core....hard to the very core. However, I feel sorry for the poor, long suffering Mrs. Switchback. Say, I just got back from the JMT....that makes 11 now.....and found out the women decided we are going to Hawaii. I am not complaining.....Hawaii after a JMT sounds awfully good. They have big mountains in Hawaii....bigger than Mt. Everest....and I may just climb some of them. I will be thinking about you guys eating oat meal & beans and drinking river water while I'm slurping Pina Coladas and eating Polynesian chicken. Got to go now Hawaii and Hula Girls are calling me.
Switchback replies: Yes, the big eastern Sierra expedition was a challenge, but I pulled it off.  I am impressed that you are going to top the tallest mountain on earth in HI.  That is outstanding.  I have often thought of going there and taking the bus tour to the top and walk around looking at the astronomical observatories.  I can not remember the mountain's elevation, but I seem to remember it is in the low 30,000 foot range.  May be 31,000 feet or so.  I think it beats Everest out by a couple of thousand feet base to summit.  Another feather in your hat.  Wow.