[pct-l] Transportation Sierra City/Echo Lake

Jeff Dishman dishjad at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 4 14:16:06 CDT 2010

Contemplating picking up a missing segment from 05 hike for Ladyface, does anyone have any local knowledge of how we could drop our car at Sierra City (driving down from Portland) on Sunday, Sept 12th and get down to Echo Lake to hike back north to the car? (or drive to Echo Lake and then get back up to Sierra City to hike south)
Looks like some public transportation around Lake Tahoe itself, but I couldn't find any other possibilities other than hitching...anyone have some thoughts on how difficult/easy the hitching would be between the two?  We'd also be willing to pay someone handsomely for the three or four hours it would take to shuttle between the two.
Thanks for any input.  Rabbit PCT05