[pct-l] What do you think?

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sun Sep 5 22:46:19 CDT 2010

First of all different people have different ideas of what should be
allowed and what not.
There are some who would advocate allowing ATVs in so that they could enjoy
the wilderness as they want. OTOH, others probably would want to minimize
any trace of human incursion including trails as well as signs. Further the
native Americans were often active influences on the "wilderness" thru
setting fires.

I hiked the  PCT thru Desolation Wilderness last year. The FS was
collecting user fees and had used the money to maintain trails and put up
new sign posts. So I think the lack of money is a likely reasons for the
lack of signs, etcetera. And obviously many are reluctant to admit that the
lack of funds is the reason for lack of signs and maintenance.

We've also had a few discussions here on what is appropriate in the Wilderness.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>