[pct-l] Castle Crags State Park officially encourages biking on PCT

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 12:26:25 CDT 2010

While at Castle Crags in July, the designated PCT hiker camp site, with the
spur trail to the PCT, had been signed by the State Park as being for "PCT
Hikers and PCT Bikers", only.  The sign stresses the need for the 3 dollar
fee so that hikers and bikers on the PCT could be assisted further.  This
was a new addition from last year and consisted of a printed sign taped over
the previous sign.

There is no doubt in my mind that merely reading this sign would encourage
and validate biking on the PCT; and that the results will accrue not just in
the present, but in the future.