[pct-l] optimal conditions

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 14:48:29 CDT 2010

And I do agree with Ned about going prepared.  I hope that's common sense to
everyone intending to attempt a thru hike.  But it is totally possible to be
prepared EVEN FOR A MULTI-DAY WINTER TRIP with a base pack weight of under
20 lbs.  (Sorry for the caps... I'm going for enthusiastic emphasis
here...).  You have to know what you are doing, of course...

Here is a cool podcast on ultralight winter hiking for your entertainment:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/podcast_20070123_skurka.html

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne