[pct-l] Criss Cross APPLESAUCE!! - Hey Georgie!

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 10:59:46 CDT 2010

I was looking in one of my old backpacking cookbooks yesterday (The Well Fed
Backpacker - excellent, but slightly outdated) and found a recipe for applesauce
on the trail. Of course I immediately thought of Georgie. :)

Spotted Applesauce
Serves 4

At home, bag together:

2 cups dried apples
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In a separate bag, pack 1/2 cup roasted peanuts.

In camp: either soak overnight in water to cover OR simmer until tender (about 5
minutes or so) in water to cover. Top each portion with chopped nuts, for extra
protein and a taste treat.

Sounds good to me!

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest