[pct-l] Boots?

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:26:39 CDT 2010

Dan wrote:

My question is are there other boots out there that others have tried that
worked or other
remedies to prevent or prolong the development of blisters/swelling feet?  I
have a short but wide foot and I weight 150 lbs.

I'm prone to getting blisters on the balls of my feet for whatever reason,
and what almost totally eliminates that for me is to apply tape to the
problem areas before I even start hiking.  I've had good luck with Kinesio
Tex tape - it's breathable and has just the right strength of adhesive to
stay put for a couple of days without making a mess or causing problems (for
me, anyway).

Also, as other people have said, stop *immediately* whenever you have the
slightest suspicion that something's not quite right with your feet and
figure out how to fix it with tape, lubricants, or whatever.  I know when
you're in the walking groove the overwhelming temptation is to think, "Oh,
it's nothing, it'll probably go away," or maybe "I'll wait and look at it
during my next regular break."  Don't do that.  Fix it now.

Eric