[pct-l] If not alcohol (stove), then what?

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Wed Sep 15 12:35:19 CDT 2010

If one decides against an alcohol stove (for whatever reason), then what's
the next choice (for a thru)? I've been using one of MSRs "international"
"shaker" stoves for years (decades) - international in that it'll burn about
anything, shaker in that one can clean the jet by simply shaking the
stove...  I like it a lot, especially in that in thousands of hours of use,
has never failed me, not a once...  but it's way too heavy for a thru.
What's the next choice per the collective wisdom of the list? A plastic fuel
bottle (?) and a (???). This is also presuming that unleadedgas/whitegas/etc
is as available along the trail as alcohol, if not more so. Or does alcohol
have the advantage of being shippable in a resupply box (is it??)?
TIA - TheDuck