[pct-l] If not alcohol (stove), then what?

Jeffrey Haas coopermacjill at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 13:05:15 CDT 2010

I've used my MSR Pocket Rocket for years and love it.  I'm a huge fan of it.  It uses the fuel canisters and if you cook just dinner, you can get several weeks out of a canister.  You also have the ability to alter the flame (simmer per say), which helps on fuel.

I used to have a same MSR as you're talking about and only use it in winter (due to weight).  I've used the pocket rocket in colder temps and it will work below freezing.  While it's not as efficient and you may need to warm up the fuel with your lighter, it does work.  This however is not a true winter stove.