[pct-l] Pack list

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 19:22:00 CDT 2010

Not that we are ultra light, but we find the white trash compacter bags to be a better size and sturdier than garbage bags for lining the inside of our  backpacks (because we have never found a pack cover that works 100%.) We also use (very lightweight) turkey roaster bags for wrapping around sleeping bags and other groups of items inside the packs.

Also, I sleep cold and my 20 degree bag may keep me alive, but not comfortable--using a vapor barrier bag inside is a lot warmer.
Susan Alcorn
Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-11423-SF-Hiking-Examiner
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.