[pct-l] Advice on Gear List

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:56:11 CDT 2010

okay, the clothing thing is catching my eye.
I recommend you carry/wear at most four pieces of clothing on your torso:
-a short-sleeved shirt
-a lightwieght thermal top
-a microfleece
-a lightweight rain shell

I'd leave all the rest at home. Will save you a few pounds just doing that.

For bottoms I'd recommend only 3 pieces of clothing for the entire trail:
-one pair of shorts
-one pair of thin thermal bottoms
-lightweight rain pants

I'd leave the rest at home. (Maybe when I got in the north cascades I add a
pair of micro-fleece bottoms. but probably not).
--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne