[pct-l] (no subject)

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 19:52:22 CDT 2010

Thanks friends

from VVR to Lone Pine, I will upload over 300 photos. Now I have not
enough time, wait for a while. I had already selected the photos, but
I must write the blogger and English captions.

Concerning foods, I took many from hiker's barrel, it tasted good. As
a result, I have no weight loss, and no damage, no fatigue. So, it is
important to eat enough foods on the trail. The weight loss should be
avoided as far as possible.

I had summed up my success and failure on this hiking in my blogger in
Japanese. Later, I will rewrite in English.

Dear Steel-Eye and  VVR

My backpack was 85 litter Mountainhardwear Solitude. I used this
backpack for 4 years This backpack was broken, I sometimes carried
over 30 Kg. The plastic parts are weak for repetition of stress. So,
I bought REI XT 85 Large at San Francisco.

http://psycho01.edu.u-toyama.ac.jp/solitude.html

https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/backpack/rei-xt85

The both backpack are intermediate shape of the outer and the inner
frame pack. I have not yet used REI XT 85, but I think it is suitable
for heavy load ( over 20Kg). I need a huge backpack,  simply because I
like camping than walking, and because I must carry my wife's
equipments and foods.

The American hikers are very heavy, especially men. I cannot carry. In
case of very pretty women, I might able to carry.

Dear Tom and Rachel

My camera is Olympus E-3 with 12-60 mm zoom(corresponded to 24-120mm).
It is a very heavy camera, so I cannot recommend to anyone. Now, E-5
appeared. The revised E-3 camera. Very heavy. Looks alike E-3. I am
worried about the replacement.

Now, I am reading the information of  Pentax K-5 or K-r. I don't know
I will buy or not. My impression of Pentax is slow, so I had not
bought K-7.

The camera is a very difficult devise to select. There are many
variables, for example, image quality, speed, lens, weight, etc. I
gave priority to image quality, speed and toughness, and ignored
weight and other variables.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )