[pct-l] marmot precip problem

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sat Sep 18 14:21:05 CDT 2010

Greetings,

I hiked from the Mexico/US border starting April 4 this year and the first full day of hiking was in blowing rain and some snow. I was wearing a Marmot PreCip, and my hiking companion was wearing a GoLite rain jacket. She stayed dry. Within an hour, I was soaked and cold. Very cold. I took the PreCip off, put on a sweater and successfully blocked most of the rain with my umbrella. For me, the PreCip was a complete failure, keeping cold rain next to my body, rather than blocking it.

Walk well,
J J