[pct-l] Rain Gear

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Sep 18 20:13:37 CDT 2010

It's more likely you will encounter dangerous weather at the
beginning and end of a thru-hike. So-Cal is very unpredictable. It
did not rain at all for me in 2008 but it did snow (so it must have
been raining on somebody else.) In 2009 I got a lot of rain. Even so,
I never had heavy-duty rain gear. Just silnylon chaps, an umbrella
and a light wind jacket with DWR. This year the weather was even more
severe and unpredictable.