[pct-l] Oregon fire trail closures

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 20:11:17 CDT 2010

In a couple of weeks, a friend and I be hikin' from Elk Lake to Santiam Pass.  I be aware of the closure near Mt. Jefferson north of Santiam Pass.  A few weeks ago, I be seein' smoke risin' from one o' them fires.  Two weeks ago, when I be atop Chehalem Mt. (the ridge that be standing over Newberg just south of Portland), I be seein' no smoke risin from the Cascades from Mt. Hood to well south of the Sisters.  Be the trail still closed in that area and be the trail closed at all south of Santiam?  Especially after all of this weekend's rain!  It be enough to drown Davy Jones himself!

Otherwise, at the moment, the weather be lookin' mighty fine for next week!  Arrr, but this be the Pacific North-Wet!

-Nate the Trail Zombie