[pct-l] Fw: Bicycle Usage Proposal

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sun Sep 19 22:57:31 CDT 2010

  Hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail a couple years ago the trail enters
wilderness before dropping into the Mt. Rose area.  I came upon two
bicyclists who were eating lunch a half mile into the wilderness.  I
asked them if they'd seen the sign saying the area was closed to
bicyclists.  They said, "yeah - so what?"

My blood boiled.  I shared with them a fantasy I had about picking up
the bicycles of idiots who disregard the law and throwing them off a cliff.

I had to walk on.  Their arrogance and insolence got to me - Grrrr...
It did fuel my climb up the ridge...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD