[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 33, Issue 74

Paul Breed plb at plbreed.net
Mon Sep 27 17:37:22 CDT 2010

  I think it is very much hiker related.     Although the article
focuses on immigration, the underlying issue is whether the creation of
water caches is a legal  activity.    If people who leave water in
caches are prosecuted criminally, as has been done in a number of cases,
it will have a substantial impact on those who hike the PCT, IMHO.    If
and when it becomes established law that water caching is illegal, the
caches will surely disappear.

Message: 4