[pct-l] Bear Canisters

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Sep 30 13:28:07 CDT 2010

My understanding is that bear canisters are required through a portion of the Sierra, as well as recommended through a larger area.  The best option is to borrow one for free from a friend.  Second option is a rental program (a subsequent poster will undoubtedly give the contact details, or search the list archives).

Only if these two options fail and you plan on using the bc again on another hike (e.g., CDT or Denali) should you buy one.  Good luck.

Mango