[pct-l] Hood and Rainier on a Thru-hike

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Fri Apr 1 10:13:02 CDT 2011

Hello Samuel,
I had to sent you my thoughts on Mt. Rainier,
When you are hiking the PTC Section from White Pass to Snoqualmie Pass you
will cross the hiway 410, there is
a road to Mt. Rainier at this Hiway and this will take you to the area to
start your climb.  I think there is now a fee to climb and also reservation
may be needed.  I worked and lived at a ski area called Crystal Mtn for a
long time and the PCT goes along a ridge looking down on the area.  My kids
thought they owned Mt. Rainier and they have all climbed it numerous times,
with my eldest son being on Mtn. Rescue.  I now live in the Sun Valley,
Idaho area and love it.I bet you would find out lots of the information if
you googled it.
Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)