[pct-l] Rope for spring stream crossings

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Fri Apr 1 13:33:25 CDT 2011

OMG! This brings back a memory about an early season 1998 backpacking trip
in Kings Canyon. We were scouting the trail before our first JMT. Marcia
slipped in a small creek engorged with runoff. She fell into the stream and
started to slide down the hill. Like Carl, I reached out and grabbed the top
bar of her pack and jerked her back to her feet.

Funny what adrenaline can do when you see your spouse and your food headed
downstream.

Ken