[pct-l] Phone advice

Brendan Beltz brendanbeltz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:37:19 CDT 2011

So I've been hesitating about what kind of phone to get and thought maybe
some experienced advisers would be helpful. I'm planning on getting a droid.
Beyond that I'm open, but am looking cheap because I don't want to start a
new contract (after the hike I'll be overseas and don't need american
service) especially if it's a CDMA phone that is useless to me abroad.

In a nutshell, does anyone have experience with the T-Mobile coverage on the
trail? The nexus S seems to be one of the only unlocked GSM quadband phones
easily available in america but alas not on the ATT prison network.