[pct-l] Chargers

Perry Chamberlain juniper_canoeman at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 23:35:42 CDT 2011

 Last year I saw three thru hikers with solio chargers, all of them liked theirs so much, I purchased one of each  kind to test out, for desert camping. (3)
I found that they all worked much better then any solar charger I have owned in the past.
They are great for cell phones, and iPods.
What I liked was they were power supplies as well as chargers.
Once charged, ( by usb, wall wart, or the sun ) they hold the charge very well until needed.
 I think solio really their  their designs right.
One unit charges 12volts as well as the cell 5.7 volts, automatically setting theproper output by sensing charged device battery.
Look for them on ebay, they often for sale, you can  save 1/2 of the retail price.
My two cents on that.

Canoeman
Trail angel, juniper hills,  section D