[pct-l] Trail Angel Mike Herrera needs a guitar or two for the hikers.

Monty Tam montypct at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 03:32:28 CDT 2011

Hi All

My friend Mike Herrera asked if I knew anyone who would donate an old beater guitar for the hikers who stay at his house at PCT mile 128, Casa Herrera.  Mike, by far, contributes more food to the Kick Off the ANY other source.

I will bring one or two guitars to his Cinco de Mayo celebration again, but I have none to donate.

Many of us hikers NEED an occasional guitar along the trail.  We get centered again, and  sometimes the other hikers get entertained.  I am sure any past hiker/musician could relate.  A guitar at the house would be a great trail angel action.

Can you help?  I will buy new strings myself if they do not have them, but strings are preffered.

I will see Mike tomorrow afternoon to give him good news, if you are quick to respond.
He is blissfully at Casa Herrera for the weekend, but will get emails/phone calls on Monday.

At he Kick Off, you could hand one to Mike or me.  I will be in site 17 across from the food.

I will only receive a response to montypct at gmail.com .

Please help,

Monty

BTW  Mike is again donating $300 worth of Dianas's Tortillas (my favorite) to the Kick Off.
Friday Burrito Night will happen again!!!!! (Teatree and Chef Paul permitting)

Email me or Mike Hererra <mikeh at casaherrera.com>
mine is momtypct at gmail.com

If you are a 2011 hiker and have read this far:

Guitar one is at the Kick Off if yo are nice in asking those playing.

Guitar two is Mile 240 in Big Bear if you ask the owner of the Big Bear Hostel.

Number three is Mile 453 at the Saufley's, but bring nylon strings in case they need the donation.

20 miles later is my Favorite guitar on the whole trail, but Joe Anderson will not sell it to me!
An early 70's nylon Yamaha.  Perfect intonation and resonation. Original hippie owner! The best Yamaha has ever done!
Joe, remember me in your will.?

Sad news, but good.
The next guitar is 1000 miles later at the Hideaway, Old Station.  It is also a great older Yamaha doing the best they did with a steel string.

The next does not happen unless you yogi a play at the 300 block of E Main in Ashland, OR.  It may still be called Cripple Creek Music.  Mile 1725.

I know of no others for the rest of the trail.

"He who limps is still walking." ~Stanislaw J. Lec

"The Fun Goes Up when the Weight Goes Down"
-Warner Springs Monty Tam
Lightweight Backpacking
www.trailjournals.com search Monty