[pct-l] Food Stuff Sack size?

Monty Tam montypct at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 03:54:21 CDT 2011

Eric

I usually keep my food in plastic grocery bags, and my food for the day in gallon ziplocks.  I love to see my day's food.

I have never done a 10 day thru the Sierra.  I exit to Independence for a box.  I ALWAYS exit at Red's Meadow to Mammoth and Tuolumne Meadows is less than two days after that.

There is a huge hiker box at Muir Ranch.
VVR is good for 1.5 days of food to get to Mammoth, but food service has been absolutely offensive for the last three years.

I highly suggest exiting at Independence.  You can send a box to the Courthouse Motel.  This is my favorite, and most economical, place to stay.  Super hiker friendly.  Tell them Monty says hi, as I will not be hiking this year.

Monty

PS  I love Bearvaults, not only  because they are good people, but I can SEE the food I am reaching for.  Also males a great stool.  I can fit 5 days of well planned, repackaged food in their Solo.  I carry a day outside my cannister when neccessary.

"He who limps is still walking." ~Stanislaw J. Lec

"The Fun Goes Up when the Weight Goes Down"
-Warner Springs Monty Tam
Lightweight Backpacking
www.trailjournals.com search Monty