[pct-l] Face Protection While Sleeping

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 12:37:43 CDT 2011

THanks for the tips...  Winter camping is my background;  so I'm very used to the mummy bag etc;  my big worry is in trying to not freeze and still be under 11 or so lbs base...  Maybe adding something extremely light.

Last night I slept in my tent and I used a smartwool beanie;  and even though that was not over my face itself I think it made a big difference...  Hard to tell though cause it was also 35 degrees instead of 22.

Poured rain all night and I was able to keep dry in this 'ultralight pitiful excuse for a shelter'. Still some condensation;  but just a fog really;  nothing that dripped or ran down the walls.  So my confidence is better.  Seems anything over 30 will be quite comfy;  and if last year is any indication; there's really only going to be a handful on nights in the 20's.  I'm trying to get in he mindset of packing for the 90% not the 4% of nights.

Thanks steeleye for your thoughtful reply... And all others as well...

Shoomer I took your advice and kept one side vestibule up all nice and I thought the breeze was refreshing... And it did stay dry.

Thanks again to all,
~Paul

Sent from my iPod