[pct-l] Wood Fires was SCAQMD Rule...

Frank Dumville fdumville at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 3 16:34:27 CDT 2011

San Diego, Section A is an example where wood fires are restricted all year.

The Cleveland National Forest has fire restrictions in place all year. There are different levels of restriction but even with the lowest level restriction wood fires are only allowed in developed campgrounds and picnic areas, never in remote location. The way I read the regulations this would also apply to most alcohol stoves. For those hiking southbound it is not uncommon to find a complete fire ban in the forest in the fall. Sometimes the entire forest will be closed.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/fire/firedanger/faq.shtml#eleven

When in the Anza Borrego desert a wood stove would be allowed but you are not allowed to collect the fuel from within the park and you have to carry out the ashes.

I'm not sure what the BLM requirements are.

Snap