[pct-l] SPOT messenger vs McMurdo PLB

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 08:10:03 CDT 2011

Aren't Moms great! About 20 years ago I walked from Seiad Valley to
Ashland with Mom. At her insistence we (well I actually) carried a very
early model GPS which must have weighed two pounds plus enough
batteries to power LA for a month or the GPS for a week. This was in
addition to the indispensible 1.5 pounds of paper napkins, solar
shower, and two extra pairs of shoes. Still laugh about that.

Now if we could just get Mom to carry all this stuff for us.