[pct-l] HALFMILE!!! You GPS god you........

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:32:32 CDT 2011

Since you were only talking about the waypoints, the Garmin trail wouldn't
have to be very accurate to work fairly well with the waypoints.  If the
inaccuracy of the Garmin trail turns out to be inadequate, then you can
download Halfmile's tracks and configure that in a bright color or even
download his transparent map overlay.  Doing all that may make the screen on
your gps a bit of a mess, but I'm sure you can make it work...maybe bring a
spare set of batteries to the trailhead so you have extra juice to get used
to the configuration on your gps.

Better yet, get used to using the gps coordinates with your printed Halfmile
maps.  Not only does this free you of the technical 24k/waypoint/tracks
issues, but it can save battery life too.