[pct-l] Food Weight

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Tue Apr 5 14:10:45 CDT 2011

Good afternoon, Gerry,

Only doubled?  You got off cheap.  For me one of the most significant
resupply shocks is when I leave Mojave with a 38.7 lb. pack; including 10
lbs. of gear, 13 lbs. of water to get me about 25 miles to a spring, and 16
lbs. of food to last me about 150 miles to Kennedy Meadows.  That load is
about 4-times my base weight.

The good thing is that 38.7 lbs. is only about half of what the
heavy-truckers average every day.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09