[pct-l] Hot Springs (was Deep Creek Detour)

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:55:45 CDT 2011

After Silver Pass, take the Cascade Valley Trail, it's clear on the Harrison
Maps, which I suggest using during the JMT section, and is just another way
of getting to Reds Meadow.  A very beautiful trail, and wonderful hot
spring.  There was so much snow last year and the river and lake water was
so damn cold, that we all needed a bath bad!  And those hot springs was just
where we took it.  Beautiful spot!  There are people who stay there for
weeks at a time.  Kind of a "happening" goin on.

Shroomer