[pct-l] food weight

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Apr 6 16:26:23 CDT 2011

Yes Switchback,......I envy  "ROTUND"  hikers like you.
You guys can just cruise along cranking out 3-4 miles a day, for weeks
at a time, on pre-stocked calories which don't even need to be chewed.
And, since you guys don't need a stove, pot, fuel, bear canister or much
cold weather gear because you guys are well insulated,  your packs are
so light you are the envy of all the ultra-lighters.

Scrawny hikers like me, without pre-stocked calories, would need to rely
on grazing to get  UL like you.

Yes,.....I'm going to insist on Karen (my wife) to feed me better so I
can be "ROTUND"  just like you.

JMT Reinhold
Your scrawny trail companion