[pct-l] Camera battery life

sabra985 sabra985 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 16:44:56 CDT 2011

This past winter my old camera gave up the ghost, so when I was looking for
my new camera, I decided to go with something that I could test the
bombproof-ness of. I ended up getting a Canon Powershot D10, which is
marketed to be waterproof (to 10 m) & shockproof (now that I've got my hands
on it, we'll see!!)

In the final days of PCT prep, I'm wondering about the battery life of this
thing. It's a rechargeable, NB-6L. Can anyone attest to the life of this
battery? Would it be worth it to have a back up battery, or would the one
that is in the camera now be sufficient between town stops? Obviously, I'd
recharge in town. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
~Evenstar