[pct-l] Modifying hike

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:10:52 CDT 2011

My thought, for what it's worth, as far as flipping is concerned is that an
option if you reach Kennedy Meadows and decide that that's the best
course, is to to get on the trail at either Soda Springs / Donner or Beldon
and hike north from there.  I think that you may well make the most time
that way.  Transportation would be easiest to Soda Springs/Donner on I-80,
but the lower elevation and attendent snow levels would likely be found at
Beldon on CA 70.  Blow downs are going to be a concern regardless of where
you get back on the trail as we've had some severe storms and the snow level
will not be amenable to trail crews until later in the summer.