[pct-l] Socal weather

Perry Chamberlain juniper_canoeman at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 11:59:33 CDT 2011

 Well well well, here we are, at 5,000 ft level at the  start of the section D detour, and we woke up to 3 inches of snow.
The ridge behind us, pleasant view ( 7000' ) and Mt.  Baden powell,  ( 10,200 ' ) got about 6 to 8 inches of snow.
Blue sky this morning, but more snow tonight, down to 2,500' elevation.
Interesting to say the least.
Water  should be excellent,  as long, of course, that we dont have three weeks of 110 degree weather after this.
Lets see now.....
4 weeks ago, 88 degrees sunny,
3 weeks ago 28 degrees, 8 inches of snow
Last 2 weeks, 78 to 90 degrees
Yesterday, 30 degrees, 3 inches of snow, 60 mph winds.
Tonight, snow to 2500 ft
Next week, weather calls for 80 degrees, sunny.
Its actually warmer in minnesota today, then LA.
wonderous weather awaits us.
Make sure to pack sun tan lotion, tank top, and winter hat, down jacket near the top of pack. Prepare to switch out daily. Flip flops or  snow shoes, should be kept ready.
:-)))
Could be worse, the snow could be radio active,,,,, oh shit,  hold on, it could very well be.
;->
May we live, in interesting times.
canoeman.
Section D