[pct-l] Antishock Trekking Poles

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 07:44:37 CDT 2011

Dear Eric

I have also used and destroyed about 10 more sets. Many trekking poles
I have used were no anti-shock type.

The anti-shock type is soft for your hand, but they are a little
heavy. They are effective on the  asphalt paving and on the rocks.
But, they are not needed on the most of the trail, because the ground
is generally soft.

The no anti-shock type is light and simple. Recently, the grips are
made by soft material, and when you hike on the asphalt paving or on
the very hard ground, you can use the  rubber caps on the tips, so the
shock is absorbed by the grips (and gloves) and rubber caps.

One more vote for no anti shock type.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )