[pct-l] NEW REVOLUTIONARY ULTRA LIGHT CONCEPT

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 17:10:14 CDT 2011

>Yes, Rooster Reinhold is famous for his chickens on a lease concept.

If you've leased your chickens, doesn't it mean that you'd have to return control of those chickens back to their owner when you're done with your hike?  Won't that be a bit difficult if you've eaten them?

>I wonder what the veggie crowd thinks of this.

I suppose if they know which plants are edible, they can munch as they go.

>I have met a lot of backpackers who are vegans or veggies.

On a more serious note, I've read that vegegarians/vegan don't last long on a through-hike.  It's not necessarily because they bail, so much as it is that the super-high calorie and protein demands drive them to abandon their veggie/vegan ways often within the first month.

-Nate the Trail Zombie