[pct-l] Antishock Trekking Poles

abiegen at cox.net abiegen at cox.net
Mon Apr 11 09:17:00 CDT 2011

Eric Cook asked about Antishock Trekking Poles.

I have a garage full of trekking poles, each pair I bought just a few ounces lighter than the previous ones. Except for the anti-shock pair I bought. I liked them because I am older and the constant hits on the ground of the non-shock ones was annoying on my elbows when hiking on hard surfaces. They are heavier but I felt it was worth the investment.

Eventually they broke down and I went back to regular poles that were lighter. I thought I would miss the anti-shock feature more than I really did. Then I moved to the Gossamer Gear LT4 carbon fiber poles. They are so light and airy, I feel that I have to hold them down or they will float away. I can't recommend them enough. No anti-shock but I don't miss it.

TrailHacker

"When my feet hurt, I can't think straight"
Abraham Lincoln