[pct-l] And yet another GPS question

Halfmile list at lon.net
Mon Apr 11 09:57:50 CDT 2011

Hi JP,
Any of the models you listed would be a good choice. I have not used
the Dakota 10 but the downside would be that it doesn't take microSD
memory cards so you are limited to the internal memory of the GPS for
storage of maps and data. Still it would work by loading a sub set of
maps near the PCT or maybe the new PCT map set that Garmin just
released.

The downside to the Etrex HCx series is that it doesn't have the
capacity to display large amounts of track data. This is not much of
an issue for PCT hikers since Travis created the overlay maps based on
my PCT tracks.