[pct-l] NEW REVOLUTIONARY ULTRA LIGHT CONCEPT (Gary Swing)

Devon Taig devon.taig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 15:41:32 CDT 2011

*Hi Luke* - I'm a vegetarian too (not vegan), and have had great success on
getting sufficient protein by eating a lot of dehydrated beans, peanut
butter, muscle milk<http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=muscle+milk&hl=en&prmd=ivns&biw=1280&bih=961&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2459425936728915769&sa=X&ei=hmWjTaO_L4iugQfH99HaBQ&ved=0CGQQ8wIwAA#>,
and vegetarian jerkey<http://www.google.com/#q=stonewall+jerquee&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=YGOjTaXGF46SswaTsvSLAg&sqi=2&ved=0CDoQrQQ&biw=1280&bih=961&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=19be93ff8c446596>(which
is unbelievably good). Although I haven't done a long thru-hike
eating just veg (my longest hike being around 300 miles post going veg.), I
have successfully trained for marathons (running 90+) miles per week on a
pure veg. diet.  Hard to say if that's comparable to backpacking 20+ miles
per day, but of course there's a lot of muscle break-down and rebuild in
that kind of activity too.  For me, carbs, carbs, and more carbs fuels
activity *and* muscle repair. I think what's most important is <A> Getting
enough calories <B> Feeling good about how you are fueling your body <C>
Getting enough calories <D> Pigging out in towns. If you are a vegetarian
for ethical reasons, give yourself a chance at staying veg.  If it's for
health reason...well, I'm not a nutritionist, but you might think three or
four times after reading something like The China
Study<http://www.thechinastudy.com/>
.

River