[pct-l] Thru-hiking SOBO

Dan Cross-Viola dan_cross43 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 11:50:10 CDT 2011

Hello everyone,

Because I'm recovering from a knee injury and my doctors suggested I wait until June to start my thru-hike, I've decided to switch to a southbound thru-hike with a start around July 1st.  I'm wondering if you all know of any resources that would be helpful in planning a southbound hike.  I already have Yogi's book, the Pocket PCT, Halfmile's maps, and the guidebooks, but I'm wondering if there's anything specific to southbound hiking I should check out.

Also, I'm curious about the no entry into the US from Canada policy.  It sounds like although the US seems to be "cracking down" somewhat, almost all SOBO hikers cross the border illegally.  Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Bear Can