[pct-l] Deep creek closure... why?

Ate Tuna atetuna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 22:56:57 CDT 2011

I would love it if this were feasible. I wouldn't use a packraft though.  I
don't believe it would be maneuverable enough to navigate successfully in
those fast waters and it could be a serious problem if there were any downed
trees.  If hypothermia wasn't an issue, I would prefer to tread water down
the river floating along with my pack in a drybag.  For extra buoyancy, swap
out the down jacket for a Klymit inflatable vest that would double for a
life preserver.

...and a look at the satellite images makes it look like there are plenty of
rapids and maybe a few hairy looking falls as well.  Even if I could survive
that, which is unlikely, I'm sure I'd run out of adrenaline long before the
exit point.